4/29/11

Gem of Courtesy~

Shopping with my hubby today in Lancaster, and visited my favorite antique store, however, I can't remember its name. If you are interested let me know...I'll try to figure that out. Anyway, I found a small treasure.
A book by the title of Gem of Courtesy.

It was written in 1872. Quite a charming book, really. I hope to share it over time.






Apparently its part of a series for girls, I have the first book.

I Gem of Courtesy
II Gem of Courage
III Gem of Faithfulness
IV Gem of Neatness
V Gem of Truthfulness
VI Gem of Earnestness

It also appears that there is a series for boys

I Gem of Uprightness
II Gem of Self-Denial
III Gem of Perseverance
IV Gem of Temperance
V Gem of Self Control
VI Gem of Generosity


Anyway, here it goes..

Dedication

My Dear Little Harry,

I have dedicated these small volumes to you, praying that the gems of which they treat, may adorn your crown in the coronation day of Christ's beloved.
Your affectionate grandmother,

The Author

"Be pitiful, be courteous." I Peter 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment