5/16/11

The Few, The Proud,The Marines



The last 48 hours have been rather tough, in fact tougher than I thought.  I have not cried much, as it seems rather surreal. I think it will be in the weeks to come that I will have moments where I will miss his voice.  I keep reminding myself of what if felt like the day I came home from my sister's burial (twenty eight years ago), I will never forget that feeling.  This is not the same, and I am very grateful for that. For now I have the peace and hope that I will see him in thirteen weeks.  I am looking forward to corresponding with him via hand written letters.  Love that, and can't wait to get my first from him.   I already wrote a letter to him today and will continue to do so everyday till he gets home.

" The Crucible "...is going to change my son forever, I pray that his foundations are strong and that his roots are deep.  Lord may he look to you for everything!

http://www.marines.com/main/index/making_marines/recruit_training/training_matrix/the_crucible

No comments:

Post a Comment