6/1/11

Standing in this strange chasm in time~



Life is passing by so quickly, and my children are disappearing before my eyes...they're turning into adults.  In one way, I wish I could freeze them right where they are, in another I wish I could take them back to an earlier age.  I am enjoying their growth and who they are becoming, I'm just not liking the change that is coming so quickly.   My oldest is 21, I was married by her age. I'm glad she is not.  Having her home from college is wonderful...at times.  I rarely see her, but I love it when I do...its just that there is always some sort of conflict over how I run the house and how she thinks it could work better.  I hope I get to see the day, she runs into the same issues with her children.  The next oldest is in Marine boot camp right now,  I received his first letter home this week!  I miss him. He's not a man of many words, so reading his letter was like getting a shot of him for a year, all at once, I liked that.   Then there is my 17 year old, whom I love, but can grate on my nerves with his attitude most days.  He is now employed and working 30 hours a week, this is good for all of us.  My 13 year old and 9 year old are the last of my babies...that's hard for me to believe.  I was pregnant for what felt like forever, and now I'm here looking back. I'm not sure I like it here.  I've worked hard to get them to the edge of the nest, so I can nudge them out, and watch them soar.  Two are flying.....the other is just ready to jump.  How did I get here?   When did I get here?  Its all so hard to believe, yet I've been preparing for this a long time.   I have few regrets and even those have, I've given over to the Lord.   I am a proud momma, who is standing in this strange chasm in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment