8/28/12

Change is hard!

Day #1:  Girls up early and ready to go.  Outfits were laid out on Sunday night and they were ready!  Both were all smiles as they got their things together and we all walked down the driveway.  Bus a few minutes late, but all good.  They both sat together on an all but empty big yellow bus numbered 22!  Natalie's smile faded to a slightly scared stare as the bus pulled away.  I was tough.  I started choking up and Christopher who was standing there with me, said, "Come on mom, let's go."  I headed into the house and had mixed feelings.  More on the side of "ok, I've got lots to do," mixed with "Hope I did the right thing."  The day was full with four different phone calls, all that were way longer than I would have cared for, and were all calls that I was not expecting.  I still have one I need to return as they left me a message while on another line.  It was a crazy day!   These are the types of things I need to say no to or ignore, maybe, but I just can't.  Anyway, all of that was followed with our old friend Mick coming for a visit to see the girls get off the bus their first day.  So, then I was on entertain mode, as it would not have been nice to go do laundry of start cleaning out a closet.  We had a nice time, and I always appreciate his wisdom.   I wanted so bad to be a Martha yesterday, but God had a Mary kind of day for me.  It's all good.  I did make the promised chocolate chip cookies which turned out perfect if I might say so myself.   The girls got off the bus with forced smiles while they greeted Mick and me.  I could tell they were tired.  We enjoyed some cookies and milk and half hearted answers.  I could tell both girls were very overwhelmed, and like their me, tried to maintain their poise and remained friendly for the most part, when they both asked to be excused to go get change and start their chores.   I wanted to grab them and go sit on the sofa with them and cry but we had company.   As it turned out, we ended up having Chinese from the Chinese restaurant at the Giant, Mick's treat, so that was a blessing in disguise, as I did not have to make dinner.  Yay!   After dinner our dear old friend left with many prayers of blessings and love and hugs.  We love him dearly and know that he will not be around forever, so we cherish his time with us.  We then tackled the stack of papers that needed signed, and then the homework, which was not all that bad, but by the time that was over, it was time for showers and bed, and it was 9:00.  As homeschoolers, our nights are just beginning sometimes. That is usually when dinner is cleaned up, dad is finally settled and much conversation happens.   But we were all tired so it was early to bed for all, tonight.   Change is hard.



2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed our talk today..love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) ...I keep forgetting people can comment here! I did too! Thanks for your precious time!

    ReplyDelete