8/17/12

The nest continues to get lighter~

Well, it was a full summer, everyone home, and everyone busy!  It's hard to believe we are half way through August.   My oldest left to go back to college to finish her last semester!  So proud of her, as she will have a bachelors in Health Promotions in December!   I am praying the Lord will bless her with a good job!  She is such a great girl!   Her trip back found her a disgusting bathroom left by her roommates, but she persevered and with a lot of bleach and magic erasers she managed to get out of the bathroom after two hours of cleaning.   Can I just say that chores paid off?   Very proud of her and her ability to bite her tongue.

My second oldest is about to embark on his first "college campus" experience, even though he is living off campus, it will be the first he was away for college.  He went to local community college his first year, then joined the marines, I'm very proud of him and his accomplishments, now he is leaving to attend Penn Tech in Williamsport for Civil engineering!   He is all set, bed, desk, tv...is there anything else, he asked?    What a good kid!  Love him and know that he will succeed in whatever he does.  Now, if I could just get his nose out of his smart phone.  Honestly, I think he looks at that thing way to much!

My middle child, just graduated from high school and is taking the Fall semester off, and is going to Peru to be a part of a medical missions team!  He plans on attending the community college the winter semester.  He is planning some other long trips to visit his brother and sister at college.  I am happy about that, as I think he will fall in love with that atmosphere and perhaps decide continuing education isn't all that horrid.  He is my hands on guy, I am hoping that the Lord will show him what he is good at!  Love that boy, he just needs direction, and not from his momma, I've had him the last 18 years!

Fourth child starting High School, crazy!  She is a nerd, and will do just fine!  Her and her sister are taking most of their core classes at CHESS, which is a co-op of teachers who are certified in the topics they teach and will teach them one day a week, giving them five days of homework!  Rebecca thrives in this environment!  She is a good kid!

Fifth child entering Middle School, no more elementary kids!  Life is full and fast! She will be taking her first classes at CHESS, I hope this will be a positive experience for her as she is one who loves to play.   She is a ditto of Caity, though.  She is a hard little worker, and so I am counting on that for jr. high.

...how did I go from sleepless nights, due to crying kids, high fevers, etc...etc...to sleepless nights due to thinking about my kids, and what will life look like for them?  Heart aches are coming, losses are out there, tears are inevitable, but so is laughter and joy and mercy, which is promised, new, every morning.   Lord, I need you more than ever!




No comments:

Post a Comment